Nigerian Youth Congress
The Nigerian Youth Congress (NYC)is a registered non-governmental, non-partisan, and a not-for-profit organizationfounded in 2016, recognised by the federal government, and is saddled with the responsibility of coordinating and regulating the affairs of all youth associations within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The NYC is under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development and the Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Students Affairs, it seeks to empower young people to take action through community and national service, towards creating sustainable solutions to local and national challenges, connecting with the global community to expand professional networks, exchange ideas with leaders, cultivate lifelong friendship around the world, and develop skills to become community, national and global leaders.
The organization was founded by decisive young leaders, youth developers, result oriented leaders, patriotic, vibrant and charismatic youth crusaders, emancipators, activists, strategists, and result-oriented leaders.
It comprises of;
- the Governing Board of fifteen (15) prominent philanthropists and reputed leaders within the Federal Republic of Nigeria who have excelled in their various fields, selected from all the six (6) geopolitical zones of the federation
- the National Executive Committee (NEC) of twenty-seven (27) members who are democratically elected from their respective state chapters
- State Chairmen from the 36 state chapters and the FCT, Abuja, and their Executives
- Local Government Coordinators from the 774 local governments and their Executives
- Ward Coordinators from the 8809 wards in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.